||Synthesis and property of lanthanum hexaboride
||Department of Mechanical and Electro-Mechanical Engineering
Low pressure sintering method
||This study has successfully synthesized lanthanum hexaboride by using magnesium powder, NaBH4 and LaCl3·7H2O at high temperature (600、800、1000℃) and low pressure (10-2 torr). The crystalline degree of lanthanum hexaboride increased with raisingsynthesizing temperature. The heat-insulating resin was prepared by uniformly blending synthesized lanthanum hexaboride particulates into UV-curing acrylic resin, then thelanthanum hexaboride particulates of the mixture was ball-milled to nano-scaled meter. The spectrum analysis showed that the near-infrared shielding effect increased accordingto increased synthesizing temperature and decreased particle size. Comparing two modules of different layer sequence on the surface of the 6mm thickness-glass substrate：(1)curing heat-insulating resin before sputtering a about 30nm gold layer ；and (2)sputtering a about 30nm gold layer before coating and curing a heat-insulating resin, respectively which alower shading coefficient was obtained on the module of former structure. Thenear-infrared shielding effect of the module with laminated a cured heat-insulating resin and then sputtering a about 30nm gold layer between 3mm-thickness glasses is better than the module with cured a heat-insulating resin on the surface of the 6mm-thickness glass substrate and then sputtering a about 30nm gold layer . The positive effect is due to the multiple reflection and absorption of light between interfaces.
2-2.5 X光能量散佈分析儀(EDS) ··························34
3-1.2 LaB6 XRD與EDS分析································45
表二、UV-Curing與 Heat Curing之比較················26
表十一、熱輻射光譜分佈對應值值  ···················64
表十二、室內與室外之表面轉換係數  ·······································64
||1. D. A. Skoog, J. J. Leary ,” Principles of Instrumental Analysis 5th ed.”, Saunders College Publishing, (1992) pp.253-283.
2. 職業安全健康局，“醫護服務業安全健康通訊＂，香港職業安全健康局，(2002) pp.1-6.
3. 陳弘裕,涂金榮,張淑君， ”建築省能對策” ，中正高工學報，Vol.3 (2003) pp.115-126.
4. Christopher B. Walsh, Elias I. Franses ,“Ultrathin PMMA films spin-coated from toluene solutions” , Thin Solid Films , Vol.429 (2003) pp.71-76.
5. Paul Lippens, Hugo Lievens ,“Requirements for sputtering magnetic alloys on organic film” , Thin Solid Films,Vol.281-282 (1996) pp.186-189.
6. S.B.Luitjens, S.E.Stupp, J.C.Lodder ,“Metal evaporated tape state of the art and prospects” , Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, Vol.155 (1996) pp.261-265.
8. 羅吉宗， ”薄膜科技與應用”，全華科技圖書股份有限公司，(2004) pp.41-43.
9. 白木靖寬，吉田貞史， ”薄膜工程學＂，全華科技股份有限公司，(2004) pp.4.36-4.51.
10. J.Vetter, E.Lugscheider, S.S.Guerreiro ,“(Cr:Al)N coatings deposited by the cathodic vacuum arc evaporation” , Surface and Coatings Technology, Vol.98 (1998) pp.1233-1239.
11. Xiang-hui Wang, Friedrich Prokert, Helfried Reuther, Manfred F. 72
Maitz, Feng Zhang ,“Chemical composition and biocompatibility of Ti-Ag-O films prepared by ion beam assisted deposition”, Surface & Coatings Technology , Vol.185 (2004) pp.12-17.
12. D. F. Susan, K. Barmak, A. R. Marder , “Electrodeposited Ni-Al particle composite coatings” , Thin Solid films, Vol.307 (1997) pp.133-140.
13. M. Mennig, P.W. Oliveira, H. Schmidt , ” Interference coatings on glass based on photopolymerizable nanomer material” , Thin Solid Films , Vol.351 (1999) pp.99-102.
14. Hiroyuki Nakazumi, Taishi Ohta, Hiroyuki Etoh, Takaaki Uno, Christa L. Colyer, Yutaka Hyodo and Shigeyuki Yagi ,” Near-infrared luminescent bis-squaraine dyes linked by a thiophene or pyrene spacer for noncovalent protein labeling”, Syn. Metals., Vol. 153 (2005) pp.33-36.
15. Yang Xiao-Bing, Ding Song-Tao, Yang Yu-Sheng, Zhou, Xiao-Hai ,”A review of near-infrared laser protective dyes” , Chinese Journal of Organic Chemistry,Vol. 22 (2002) pp.33-41.
16. B. Stjerna, E. Olsson and C.G. Granqvist , “Optical and electrical properties of radio frequency sputtered tin oxide films doped with oxygen vacancies, F, Sb, or Mo” , Journal of Applied Physics, Vol.76 (1994) pp.3797-3817.
17. S.Y. Lee, B.O. Park ,“Structural, electrical and optical characteristics of SnO2:Sb thin films by ultrasonic spray pyrolysis” , Thin Solid Films, Vol.510 (2006) pp.154-158.
18. T.R. Giraldi, M.T. Escote, M.I.B. Bernardi, V. Bouquet, E.R. Leite, E.
Longo, J.A. Varela , “Effect of thickness on the electrical and optical properties of Sb doped SnO2 (ATO) thin films” , Journal of Electroceramics ,Vol.13 (2004) pp.159-165.
19. 何主亮，邱明傑， ”真空科技”， 中華民國真空科技學會，Vol.12 (1999) pp.4-15.
20. B. S.Hobbs, A. C. C. Tseung ,” The Anodic Oxidation of Hydrogen on Platinized Tungsten Oxides” , Journal of the Electrochemical Society, Vol.120 (1973) pp.766-769.
21.Wu, I.-Y.; Lin, J. T. Wen, Y. S. ,” Near-Infrared Absorbing Organoruthenium Complexes:Crystal Violet Analogues ”, Organometallics , Vol.18(3) (1999) pp.320-327.
22. R. W. Johnson , A. H. Daane, “The lanthanum-boron system”, J. Phys. Chem.,Vol.65 (1961) pp.909-915.
23. R. Schmechel, H. Werheit, Y.B. Paderno, “FT Raman Spectroscopy of Some Metal Hexaborides”, J. Solid State Chem., Vol.133 (1997) pp.234–268.
24.H. Zhang, Q. Zhang, J. Tang, L.C. Qin ,” Single-Crystalline LaB6 Nanowires” , J. Am. Chem. Soc., Vol.127 (2005) pp.2862-2863.
25. Hiromitsu Takeda, Kenji Adachi, Kayo Yabuki ,“Coating solution for forming a film for cutting off solar radiation and the film formed therefrom” , US Patent 6319613 (2001)
26. S. Schelm, G. B. Smith ,” Dilute LaB6 nanoparticles in polymer as optimized clear solar control glazing” , Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 82 (24) (2005) pp.4346-4348.
27. J.M. Lafferty , ”Boride Cathodes”, J. Appl. Phys., Vol.22 (1951)
28. S. Otani, H. Nakagawa, Y. Nishi, N. Kieda, J. , ” Floating Zone Growth and High Temperature Hardness of Rare-Earth Hexaboride Crystals: LaB6, CeB6, PrB6, NdB6, and SmB6”, Solid State Chem., Vol. 154 (2000) pp.238-241.
29. B. Post, D. Moskowitz, F.W. Glaser , ” Borides of Rare Earth Metals” , J. Am. Chem. Soc., Vol.78 (1956) pp.1800-1802.
30. P. Peshev , ” A Thermodynamic Analysis of Lanthanum Hexaboride Crystal Preparation from Aluminum Flux with the Use of Compound Precursors” , J. Solid State Chem , Vol. 133 (1997) pp.237-242.
31. H. Zhang, J. Tang, Q. Zhang, G. Zhao, G. Yang, J. Zhang, O. Zhou, L.C. Qin ” Field Emission of Electrons from Single LaB6 Nanowires” , Adv. Mater., Vol.18 (2006) pp.87-91.
32. M. Kamaludeen, I. Selvaraj, A. Visuvasama, R. Jayavel, J. , “LaB6 crystals from fused salt electrolysis “ , Mater. Chem., Vol.8 (1998) pp.2205-2207.
33. V. Craciun, D. Craciun , ” Pulsed laser deposition of crystalline LaB6
thin films“ , Appl. Surf. Sci , Vol.247 (2005) pp.384-389.
34. M. Zhanga , L. Yuanb , X. Wanga , H. Fana , X. Wanga , X. Wua , H. Wanga , Y. Qiana ,” A low-temperature route for the synthesis of nanocrystalline LaB6” , Journal of Solid State Chemistry , Vol 181(2008) pp.294-297.
35. L . Zhu , X . Wang ，W . Li , “UV curable ink for digital textile printing” , Shanghai Textile Science & Technology , Vol . 33 No. 10 (2005) pp.14-18. 75
36.陳劉旺， ”工業塗料與高分子化學＂，高立圖書有限公司，(1997) pp.256.
37.劉建良 ，”UV Curing 發展簡介與應用” ，化工科技與商機，第41期特別報導，(2001) pp.1-4.
38.王得海， ”紫外光固化材料-理論與應用” ，科學出版社，(2001) pp. 127-130.
39.何明錦，李訓谷，王佑萱，蔡介峰，黃尊澤，”節能玻璃設計方法之建立”，中華民國建築學會建築學報，Vol.62 (2007) pp.19~33.
40. CNS 12381-R3161 Testing method on transmittance and reflectance for daylight and solar heat gain coefficient of flat glasses
41.JIS R 3106 Testing method on transmittance, reflectance and emittance of flat glasses and evaluation of solar gain coefficient
42.JIS R 3107 Evaluation on thermal resistance of flat glass and thermal transmittance of glazing
43.C. F. Bohren , D. R. Huffman，”Absorption and Scattering of Light by Small Particles” , John Wiley & Sons , Inc. (1983) pp.369~372.
44.Mayer I. , Zolotov S. , “The thermal decomposition of rare earth and yttrium bromide hydrates”, Journal of Inorganic and Nuclear Chemistry”, Vol.27(9) (1965) pp.1905-1909.
45. Powell J.E., Burkholder H.R. , “The solubilities of lanthanum
chloride 7-hydrate and lanthanum chloride 6-hydrate in water, and a
study of the thermal decomposition of hydrated lanthanum chloride” ,
Journal of Inorganic and Nuclear Chemistry , Vol.14 (1-2)(1960) pp.
46. Geng Zheng-Song , Zhang Lin , Xie Jian-Jun , “Dehydration Study of
Hydrated Lanthanum Chloride LaCl3．7H2O”, Journal of Tongji University (Natural Science) , Vol.33(12) (2005) pp.1704-1706.
47. Ke Qing-Shui , “The new century dictionary of chemical engineering and chemistry”, CHENG WEN BOOK CO. LTD, (2000) pp.1865.
48.于若軍，“現代陶瓷工程學” ，全華圖書，(1985) pp.192
49.張立德，牟季美，“奈米材料和奈米結構” ，滄海書局，(2002) pp.258.