||The purpose of this study is to investigate learning outcomes of extracurricular activity of Tamkang University, which includ mental adjustment, civil literacy, job competence, self-managing and interpersonal communication. Besides, the study analyzed the differences in learning outcomes among student demographic backgrounds. The results of the study provide suggestions for the involvement of the students, the management of the clubs and the Implementing of the college.1143 questionnaires were sent to the students who were participated in the student clubs. There were 688 returned with 73.9% of valid rate. The reliability of the questionnaire is .94 of Cronbachα.
The conclusions of the research were summarized as follows:
1. The average degree of learning outcomes is 3.76, which means students have learened from involving in club. Among 5 dimensions, the priorities of learning outcomes are listed as follows: (1) interpersonal communication, (2) civil literacy, (3) job competence, (4) mental adjustment, and (5) self-managing.
2. The learning outcomes varied with differened demographic backgrounds, which included gender, campus, grade level, property of clubs, duration of involving in
club, frequency of involving in club, function, motivation, experiences of service, president’ s leardship, cadre’s compentence of paln, atmosphere of club, club regulation, club goal, club project, communaction among clubs, multiple activity, opportunity of exhibition and performance, method of employeing club instructor, subsidy, hardware and software, activity space, club office, incentive, cadre training, approach to propaganda, and evaluation of club.
The following suggestions were made for the future practice and research：
A. For Practice
1. For student involving in extracurricular activity
(1) Invelvement in extracurricular activity seasonably, positivity, and continually. In addition, endeavor to be as different cadre, and serve society.
(2) Strengthen self-understainding, Choosing club upon needs and club property.
(3) Strengthen self-managing of learning, taking account of both extracurricular activity learning and academic study.
2. For club managing
(1) Elect president and cadre who is responsible. Besids, take over and train cadre efficiently.
(2) Establish regulation, carry out multiple activity, serve society, and communicate with other clubs.
3. For Tamkang University
(1) The internal employees will be in the first priority for club instructor.
(2) Investigate the cause that the longer students involved in extracurricular activity and in school, the less they recognized the school.
(3) Continually promote service society, and carry out seminar and achievements publication.
(4) Continually deliver course of cadre training, and expand subjects and targets to all club members.
(5) Build club offices for every clubs
(6) Handle and communicate with clubs effectively.
B.For future research
1. In terms of the research target: expand larger and more representative sampling.
2. In terms of the research method: qualitative research is encouraged to investigate the factors related to learning outcomes and learning process.
3. In terms of the research scope: the different learning outcomes which may be impacted by club goal should be further investigated.