||This study aims at probing into the feasibility research that the military academies in our country set up the campus via taking the case of the National Defense Medical Center(NDMC) as an example. The first phase is to explore the management and tend to pluralism acting on one's own at the national universities, and the necessity and feasibility of setting up the campus fund at NDMC. Meanwhile, to discuss the model of setting up the campus fund, and to find the obstacles producing and their approaches in the case of NDMC will be proposed. The second phase is to analysis and figure out the opinion of the feasibility to set up campus fund among the administrative personnel, experts and scholars. The last phase is to propose appropriate suggestion based on the study outcome, which can be the reference of setting up the campus fund in the future.
In order to reach the purpose of studying, this research was studied through the literature reviews, and the depth interview with the financial staff, the experts and scholars who have rich practice background, including Executive Yuan, Ministry of Education, Ministry of National Defense and the presidents of military academies, etc. This paper is studied the conclusion as follows:
First, the national university should attains pluralism acting on one's own and elasticity even more after implement the campus fund.
Second, it is feasible and necessary to set up the campus fund in NDMC.
(1)Organ's budget is not the best budget system for the schools.
(2)To implement the campus fund will help to improve and raise the school performance wholly.
(3)The squeeze effect of military weapon acquisition has essence influence on the military educational budget.
(4) It is essential to set up campus fund in NDMC.
Third, there is the suitable model to set up campus fund in NDMC.
Forth, there are resolve approaches to the difficult problems produced by setting up campus fund in NDMC.
Finally, according to the conclusion of studying, the suggestions of setting out and arranging to the education authority, NDMC, each of military academies and follow-up study of Ministry of National Defense are stressed as follows:
First, suggestion on the education authority of Ministry of National Defense:
(1) The decision-maker and the education authority of Ministry of National Defense should adjust the psychology of adhering to past practices.
(2) The education authority of Ministry of National Defense should encourage each of military academies to set up the campus fund in accordance with military educational regulations.
(3) The education authority of Ministry of National Defense should positively plan to set up the campus fund.
(4) The education authority of Ministry of National Defense should offer the continuing education program, cooperation education program and self-funded student to stabilize the revenue of campus fund.
(5) The education authority of Ministry of National Defense should play the role with appropriate control and instruction in the budget, instead of unnecessary management and intervention.
(6) The education authority of Ministry of National Defense should exchange with the other relevant affairs of Ministry of Education closely.
(7) The education authority of Ministry of National Defense should convene all the military academies voluntarily to conduct seminar linking up the ideas and promote the follow-up.
(8) The education authority of Ministry of National Defense should leading all of military academies to carry out the midium or long term management and financial scale assess, in order to ensure the datum payable of the campus fund.
Second, suggestions on the NDMC:
(1) Distinguish positioning oneself and function of the school again.
(2) Propose the corresponding measure to the question of self fund-raisings.
(3) Evaluate trend of fund growing in terms of financial scale and operation.
Third, suggestions on each of military academies:
(1) Every school should dare to build and construct the function with independent financial ability in the face of improving.
(2) Every school should establish the Campus Fund Project group, which is engaged in the relevant preparations of setting up funds.
Fourth, suggestions on follow-up study:
(1) Research methodology: Use diversified research approaches (ex. the case analyses) to do a deep understanding and investigation of each different kinds of national universities that are already implementing campus fund. Besides, through combining the data analysis of the questionnaire and interview method makes the feasibility research outcome of setting up campus fund more rich and valuable.
(2) Study topics: evaluate the feasibility of the campus fund to each of military academies in detail to understand actual operation process in depth. Therefore, the research results can be the reference for the other different kinds of military academy.